Monday 15 March 2010

A Present For My Mum

Now that Mother's Day has been and gone I can post these pictures safe in the knowledge that my Mum and Grandma have already received their gifts.


My Mum's present

My mum has a condition called Lupus and also Rhumatoid athritis. One of the many side effects of these conditions is swelling. She often struggles to find bracelets that she likes large enough to fit her wrists so I thought I would make one just for her.
This bracelet is made up using a fancy link chain,which makes up the bracelet frame. Near the clasp there is a collection of beads;a foil lined blue heart,blue bicones and a charm with the word 'inspire',clear round glass beads and a heart charm. It is finished of with a lobster clasp and an extender chain.



My Grandma's Present

My Gran always has a few novels on the go at once and one of her pet hates is paper bookmarks. She adores flowers and pink is one of her favourite colours so I thought how fitting to use pink glass beads and a flower charm to create this bokmark. I am pleased to report it was a instant hit!!

My mum wore her bracelet out today as she had 3 appointments and couldn't wait to show it off. I have had 4 confirmed orders for bracelets similar to hers but in different colours, 2 for matching necklaces and 2 requests for more information. I must admit I am really chuffed with myself!!


Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment